Adhere a piece of dictionary paper to the canvas, using the Ranger collage glue and let dry.
Apply Snow Cap paint dabber on all of the dictionary paper. The objective is to only partially cover the text with the white paint.
Stamp all the pieces on a sheet of white card stock paper. Cut and color all the pieces with various Dylusions inks, using Tim Holtz water brush. Apply glossy accents on the nose, dress (polka dots) and shoes. Apply stickles where necessary.
Stamp the right and left borders of the canvas with the tree border stamp and Archival Jet Black ink.
Stamp the light border on the top of the canvas using the masking technique.
Masking technique: apply a small piece of post-it note to the edge of the stamped tree border images. Ink the light border stamp with Archival jet black ink. Stamp the light border stamp to the top of the canvas, making sure that the left edge of the light border stamp is positioned next to the right edge of the tree border images. Stamp another row of the light border right under the first one.
Lift up the post-it note and VOILA! The stamped images, from two different borders, are not on top of each other.
Color the trees and stars with Dylusions Inks. Apply stickles to the lights. Highlight the trees and stars with clear Stardust Gelly Roll pen. Highlight the light strings with silver Gelly Roll/Uniball pen.
Use a Crop-a-Dile to punch two holes to the top of the canvas. Insert the long fastener through the hole, making sure that you position the small jump ring underneath the fastener before opening the two “legs” at the back of the canvas. Add the large jump ring to the small one.
Cut two pieces of Christmas patterned papers. The measurement of the first piece is 5” x7” and the second piece is 2.75” x 3.5.” Use the 1” circle punch to “half” punch the top of the small paper. This will create the opening for your gift card. Ink the edges of both pieces with Distress Ink – Vintage Photo.
Machine stitch the borders of the large paper. Machine stitch the borders of the small paper to the large one. This will create a pocket for your gift card. Decorate the piece with October Afternoon washi tapes. Adhere the finished piece to the back of the canvas, using strong adhesive.
Assemble the front of the canvas:
Tie a piece of vintage tinsel (or Tim Holtz Christmas tinsel) to the top of the canvas.
1. 2. Adhere the yellow and pink mushroom houses to the canvas, using the collage glue.Assemble the deer by adhering the dress to her legs. Adhere the head to her neck. Adhere the ornaments to the bottom of her dress and her antlers.
Adhere the deer feet to the top of the turquoise house. Adhere a string of light to the edge of the turquoise house.
5. Foam tape the deer (with the turquoise house) to the canvas.
Foam tape the little green house in between the mushroom houses.
Foam tape the words “Go jingle your own blimmin bells” to the canvas.
S SUPPLY LIST
1. Dylusions Inks – Cut Grass, Postbox Red, Vibrant Turquoise, Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink, London Blue and
2. Dylusions Stamps
- Christmas Border
- Right Up Your Street
- Curious Corrin (Deer’s Dress)
- Christmas Accessories (Deer’s Head)
- Christmas Words
- Traveling Travis (Deer’s Legs)
Stickles – Silver, Thistle, Turquoise, Holly, Golden Rod and Xmas Red.
5” x 7 Canvas
Ranger Collage Glue
Adirondack Paint Dabber – Snow Cap
7. Dictionary Paper
Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Star Pen
6. Gelly Roll/Uniball Silver Metallic Pen
8. Archival Ink – Jet Black
11. Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
12. Ink Blending Tool + Foam
13. Crop A Dile
14. Vintage Tinsel or Tim Holtz Christmas Tinsel
15. Tim Holtz - Long Fasteners (x2)
16. Tim Holtz – Jump Rings (small x 2) (large x 2)
17. Foam Tape
18. Fabri-Tab Glue
19. A string of lights
20. Tim Holtz water brush (detailer tip)
21. October Afternoon Washi Tapes (To/From and Christmas Greetings)
22. Christmas Pattered Papers
23. White cardstock
24. Textured Hammer
25. Glossy Accents